Associação Ram Dass Guru
The Ram Dass Guru Association Seva Program offers an opportunity to all who would like to do selfless service in the Ashram. Participants share daily community practices such as sadhana and kirtan and meals, and work together to maintain the Ashram house and garden. It is an opportunity to embark on a 40-day practice, the time it takes to drop or implement a habit. All this close to the sea and immersed in a typical rural area of Portugal.
by Satya Kaur and Shiv Charan Singh ARDG founders
Spiritual growth includes both spiritual practices and labour. Crystallisaton of your spirit will come about when reality meets the resistance of your mind and of your fantasises. Burning your karma and fast progress will come about when you confront your subconscious patterns and tendencies and surrender to the greatness of the present moment.The humble work of cleaning, cooking, serving food, working in the garden, hosting guests and helping others are ways to serve God.
Seva Program at the Ashram Ram Dass Guru
In order to reach as many people as possible, ARDG offers several different options to participate in this Program. Each option is like a kriya.
If you have the time and willingness to commit to the 40 days, you will certainly have a transformative experience. For those with less availability we offer a Seva retreat for 15 days, with multiple dates throughout the year.
For more info contact email@example.com
What to expect…
- Nutritious vegan meals
- Shared accommodation in a dormitory or tent in summer
- Yoga classes, red tent and others according to the current schedule
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- 2 days off per week to relax or visit local beaches, villages, and other sights
- A commitment to the principle of working with nature constantly look for ways to reduce waste, and give preference to natural, local and/or eco friendly products
- Our friendly dogs
- Team of committed individuals working in different areas to provide the services that support the Association and Ashram mission
- Daily general cleaning routines like laundry, cook, take care of the allotment, small repairs, take care of the dogs, hosting guests
- Schedule accordingly to the Seva Program (see below)
- Daily sadhana and kirtan
- Discounts on classes, workshops etc. during your stay as a sevadar
• A strong commitment to change and transformation
• Important qualities for human impeccability to manifest
• Complete jobs
• Respect boundaries
• Time management
• Cleanliness as godliness
• Good manners
• Practice conscious and compassionate communication
• With a view to maintaining a vibrant and elevating atmosphere in the
Ashram residents are asked to participate in daily sadhana and kirtan
which takes place in the yoga room.
• Sevadars who are experienced kundalini yogis or teachers are
expected to lead the sadhana
• Attend daily planning meetings
There are different options in our Seva Program, all of which will support you on your path to self awareness and spiritual growth.
An intensive program for those who are seeking a transformational experience to shed or acquire habits, or simply get some relief from day to day life and get a different perspective by living in community and close to nature.
€400 (€10 per day)
6 hours per day
For those who would like the opportunity to experience living in the ashram and doing selfless service for a shorter period of time. Also recommended for those who would like to experience doing seva in the ashram before applying for a longer period.
€200 (€13/day for 6 hours seva per day)
€375 (€25/day for 3 hours seva per day)
Garden and Allotment
An intensive program of 40 days for those who are seeking a life change experience and would like to offer their seva mostly in the garden, under the guidance of the ashram gardener. This program is open to individuals with gardening experience and/or a passion for gardening.
€400 (€10 per day)
6 hours per day
NEXT AVAILABLE DATES
2020 – 5th to 21st February | 14th February to 7th March | 27th February to 8th April | 28th March to 9th May | 29th March to 10th May
4th April to 16th May | 17th April to 29th May | 18th April to 30th May | 10th May to 21st June | 11th May to 22nd June | 31st May to 12th June
For more information contact our Seva Program coordinator Ram Prakash Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org